When it's 13 of January and you are Lithuanian in UK

You can work with half of the world, speak several different languages, but the people from neighbour countries will still understand you the best. Or at least as good as your Lithuanian friends would understand you. Lets take this super simple example of saying 'please don't forget to text me when your home'. It means I do care about you, I wish you a safe journey and I worry about you being home late. Would the colleagues / friends from Western countries ask you that? How they would react when you ask them? Lets say you got late because you went for an unplanned dinner with your colleague. And you say 'please text me when you're home', not on the way, not on the train, but home, when you're really safe and warm. Because I was the fault you stayed late today. And you know what? I am pretty much sure that for some nations this question would sound like huh? Are you controlling me or what? Are you know my Mom after I went for dinner with you? Why do you want to control me?. It's not to control you, my dears. It shows that I really do care about you.

Sometimes I think if all cultural differences are like this or even more radical, how do we manage to do business and even have families together. No, there should be some other explanation.

The same with being Mr. Chatterbox? Does it work like I think? Please tell me I wrong and the progressions and promotions in this country are happening because of the wide smiles and very low percentage of real job and real efficiency. You got a new job? What would you do? Should you first tell all the world about it or just try to start it and ask for the help when it's really needed? Wrong answer, you make every one aware of you handling this super extra important job, no matter how small and straight forward it can be. Yes, this is the right answer.

As we say in Lithuania "darbas ne vilkas, į mišką nepabėgs". It's a proverb meaning " work is not a wolf, it will not run away to the forest". This is how I learned why some people are super happy and always have time for themselves. Someone secretly whispered them the spell of real harmony, old Lithuanian proverb. Yes, we are magicians, ing and jan locked within indoeuropean vowels. Magicians no less than rebels.

Actually I wanted to write about paganism. That's right, on 13 of January when I regret not seeing the fires in Vilnius. Oh well, I still feel the spirit, from photos, videos, talks, posts. And I'm still proud to be one of!








Populiarūs šio tinklaraščio įrašai

Ilgas tekstas apie kažką

Summa Summarum 2022-iesiems

Laiškai genijui arba kažkas ne taip