I woke up in May...

Time flies fast when you are in London. Locking home doors at 8:00 am, unlocking at 7:30 pm. Reading in train, having bunch of meetings during the day, starting new projects, extinguishing fires, learning new stuff.

So yes, I got that dream-like job and here I am already two months having my personal work laptop, huge screen and new responsibilities. Smooth shift (well, almost smooth) and deep in localisation of TV commercials, dreaming big and having lots of plans for my future career. Sometimes I can't believe it's been 2,5 years in London, taking same trains in the morning and carefully saying that I'm here to get experience. Well, I turned 27 this week and finally I can admit to myself that what I call ''experience'' is actually seeking a career of some sort. So far it brings just a bit of profit, but it should pay well in a decade... or not. But that is no worry as I have plan A, B, C and even D that would be growing carrots in my tiny village. :)

And again... when turning 27. Can't believe I actually turned out to be quite pragmatic. London turns heads for all and I'm no exception.

Many things happened during past months. Lazy and lovely Easter at St. Albans, getting back to Lithuania just for a short one,attending super inspiring weddings of old friends, meeting some people I missed so much, seeing grandpa in the hospital (whole range of emotions, but he's strong our old guy and he's clinging to life so much that life can do nothing but keep him in this world), speaking lots and lots with my grandma and loving Lithuanian nature and quality of air (even in Vilnius). Compared to that London is some chaotic, poisonous, overcrowded hell of a city in summer or as D. says ''weather in London is designed for work and work only''. We had one day for Capital and spend it all going round and round, making about 25 km that day and then almost crying in the airport of being so tired and not able to stand anymore. Luckily, wizzair sells Milka donuts on board and my mood often hinge to sugar rush.

Was so tired on my Birthday after 5 short nights and only 2 of those spent in the same bed... but Birthday was perfect. Getting so many lovely gifts and warm greetings. Feeling awesome, having cake and fruit, laughing a lot, attending Team meeting where my boss suddenly turns Happy Birthday music on and everyone starts their Birthday wishes round. Can't help myself but blush, not used to such attention. All week of celebrations - fiancee and flowers and wine and super tasty home made dinner (God, he really cooks better than me), a gift voucher for theatre tickets (thanks to Ha and Rita). Meeting Zi on Friday afternoon to explore Regents park all over, having pizza, cake and lots of laughs on probably the hottest day this summer. Thanks for the amazing gifts my dear! Meeting Milla and Cyntia on Saturday, having random lunch, random Thames Cruise and cocktails somewhere at Canary Wharf. Roses, book, cards, sweets... Lots and lots of attention that makes me smile so much I get bruises all over my cheeks, but who cares about braces when you are 27 and still having your family all together, being engaged to most caring man in the world, having old and new friends, jobs and opportunities. When you finally learn not to look back.

It's Monday evening and time to sleep, week is going fast and I'll be back with some list of theatre performances that I want to randomly put in this blog. Just to keep it safe.

Good night!







Populiarūs šio tinklaraščio įrašai

Ilgas tekstas apie kažką

Summa Summarum 2022-iesiems

Laiškai genijui arba kažkas ne taip